About Our Church
The Church of Our Lady Queen of Peace is a Roman Catholic Church under the jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Singapore.
Vision | Mission
“Fostering a Christ-centered Community,
making Jesus known to all by being Jesus to all.”
As baptized Catholics, we are commissioned to bear the light of Christ and to continue His mission of spreading the Good News, so that everyone would come to know of God’s love for His People and encounter His love and mercy. This is at the heart of Archbishop William Goh’s vision for a vibrant, missionary, and evangelizing Church.
This is built on a number of premises:
That we are in close relationship with Jesus through having encountered Him personally in our life.
That we are formed in mind and spirit, knowing His Word, and the teachings of His Church, and serving Him with a heart of a disciple.
That we are a close community of believers, working together and supporting each other in faith to build God’s kingdom.
That is why our mission here at the Church of Our Lady Queen of Peace, is to foster a Christ-centered Community.
This we hope to achieve by:
Formation – To awaken in every parishioner a longing for a personal encounter with Jesus.
Outreach – To bear witness and to proclaim Jesus to those who do not know Him.
Community – To build a culture of love for Jesus in the parish community.
In 1940, due to overcrowding in central Singapore, many parishioners were relocated to the suburbs. As the number of Catholics increased in the East, there was a pressing need to set up a Church.
With the onset of the Japanese Occupation and post war recovery, development plans for the Church of Our Lady Queen of Peace was interrupted. However, with the perseverance of Father Dupoirieux and the prayers of many faithful, the Church of Our Lady Queen of Peace was established on 4 April 1954.
Since then, 26 priests have served in our parish and currently we have two priests Rev Father Timothy Yeo (Parish Priest) and Rev Father Francis Lee (Assistant Parish Priest) to shepherd our congregation, actively participating and supporting various parish activities such as the yearly Feast Day celebration, funfair and more. Through the years we have also been blessed with a fair number of vocations in both the priesthood and religious orders including Rev Father Adrian Yeo, Rev Father Ignatius Yeo, Rev Fr Peter Wee (CSsR), Brother Damien John Tay, Sister Anne Tan and Sister Teresa Chua.
Through the Years...
Archdiocese of Singapore bought the piece of land Mukim 25 – Lot 84T on which the Church of Our Lady Queen Of Peace was built. At that time the Madrasah Al-Maarif occupied a building at 14 Tanjung Katong Road, on the site. Subsequently the Madrasah moved to Ipoh Lane where it still stands today.